Best Protein To Build Lean Muscle & Recover Faster After Workout also Lose Some Weight
Protein powders have long appealed to people who want to build muscle and become stronger.
But they can also help those who want to shed weight.
As a convenient and tasty way to increase your protein intake, these powders offer many weight loss benefits — such as appetite control.
Types of Whey Protein
There are three primary types of whey protein; whey protein concentrate (WPC), whey protein isolate (WPI), and whey protein hydrolysate (WPH).
Let’s look at each of these in turn:
- Whey protein concentrate – WPC contains low levels of fat and low levels of carbohydrates. The percentage of protein in WPC depends on how concentrated it is. Lower end concentrates tend to have 30 percent protein and higher end up to 90 percent.
- Whey protein isolate – WPIs are further processed to remove all the fat and lactose. WPI is usually at least 90 percent protein.
- Whey protein hydrolysate – WPH is considered to be the “predigested” form of whey protein as it has already undergone partial hydrolysis – a process necessary for the body to absorb protein. WPH doesn’t require as much digestion as the other two forms of whey protein.
Also, WPH is commonly used in medical protein supplements and infant formulas because of it’s improved digestibility and reduced allergen potential.
Muscle building and weight loss
Whey protein supplementation along with resistance exercise can help improve muscle protein synthesis and promote the growth of lean tissue mass.
A study published in the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism concluded that “whey protein supplementation during resistance training offers some benefit compared to resistance training alone.” In addition, “males who supplemented with whey protein had a greater relative gain in lean tissue mass.”
Much better gains in strength are associated with whey isolate supplementation compared with casein.
Whey Protein Isolate
If your goal is to Build Lean Muscles and Recover faster after Workout also want to lose weight, then you should go with Whey Protein Isolate.
Here are our best recommendations with thousands of customer reviews, you can check out them on amazon.
Dymatize ISO 100 Whey Protein Isolate
- Delicious Protein. High Quality.
- Scientifically formulated, fast-absorbing, hydrolyzed, 100% whey protein isolate. If your goal is gains in muscle size and strength, ISO100 is your perfect partner
- Experience world-class muscle recovery & muscle support with hydrolyzed 100% whey protein isolate. Each easy-mixing, fast-absorbing, easy-digesting serving has 25 grams of high-quality protein from 100% whey protein isolate.* ISO100 is available in a variety of delicious, indulgent flavors.
Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey Protein Powder
- Made Exclusively With Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolates
- 30 Grams of Protein Per Serving
- 8.8 Grams of Naturally Occurring & Added BCAAs
- 15.5 Grams of Naturally Occurring & Added Essential Amino Acids
- Platinum Hydrowhey is the most advanced whey protein. In a word: Excellence. By hydrolyzing whey protein isolates to break larger proteins down into smaller pieces, these ultra-pure whey isolates are able to get into your system rapidly, enabling your muscles to start recovering from heavy training. We’ve dialed up this ultra pure and rapidly-digesting formula with added micronized Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs).
Pole Nutrition ISOLATE 100% Hydrolized Whey Protein
- Fast Acting 100% Isolate
- 27 Grams Protein per scoop
- Low Carbs
- 7.2 Gram Bcaa
- Pole Nutrition 100% hydrolyzed whey protein isolate support muscle maintenance, buildup and toning for anyone to hardcore bodybuilders. Furthermore, it provides wholesome support for muscle growth. Pole Nutrition 100% hydrolyzed whey protein isolate is the nutrition for athletes, bodybuilders, no matter what your goals are!
The Bottom Line
Protein powders can provide high-quality protein in a concentrated, convenient form.
Although not everyone needs protein powder supplements, they can assist you if you do strength training or cannot meet your protein needs with diet alone.
If you’re looking to up your protein intake, try one of these products today.