Rising Star: Andrei Deiu Talks and his Workout Routine
Height: 5’11” – 181cm
Contest Weight: 165 lbs – 75 kg
Off Season: 181 lbs – 82 kg
What was your lifestyle like prior to your transformation?
Prior to my transformation I wasn’t a very active person, and every day I used to play a lot of video games. I ate a lot of snacks, sweets, and junk food without caring about the impact it had on my health and weight, and it showed! I got to the point where my weight became a real issue. I was getting bullied a lot and that really dragged me down. I lost my confidence.
That’s when I realized that I had to do something about it, and that’s how I got started.
What was the hardest part about your transformation?
In the beginning, I wasn’t very confident about the outcome of my journey, and everything seemed impossible to me. I had absolutely no clue about the importance of nutrition, and at the time the whole process was very scary.
I think the hardest part was adapting to new nutrition habits.
What is your life like now that you’ve made such an amazing transformation?
I think this transformation was the best change I ever could have made in my life. I didn’t only make a physical change, but also a big mental change too. Now, I see things a lot differently!
What motivates you to keep going and push harder?
The results and improvements that I see day by day continue to motivate me and keep me hungry for more. The more I achieve, the higher I raise my goals.
What is your current training philosophy?
My main focus is bringing up my weak areas, which at the moment are my legs and shoulders, and to put on overall more mass.
- Incline Barbell Chest Press 4 x 10-12 (Superset)
- Incline Press Ups 4 x 10-12
- Incline Cable Fly’s 4 x 10-15
- Flat Dumbbell Press 4 x 8-10 (Last Set Drop Set)
- Machine Chest Fly’s 4 x 10-12
- Seated Lateral Raises 6 x 10-15 (Last Set Drop Set)
- Pull Ups 3 x Failure
- Pulldowns 5 x 10-12
- Seated Cable Row 4 x 10-12 (Superset)
- Machine Pullovers 4 x 10-12
- One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 x 8-10
- Deadlifts 3 x 8-10
- Leg Raises 4 x 15-20
- Cable Crunches 3 x 10-5
- Military Press 4 x 8-10 (Superset)
- Barbell Front Raises 4 x 8-10
- Seated Side Lateral Raises 5 x 10-15
- Standing One Arm Lateral Raises 5 x 10-12
- Seated Dumbbell Rear Delt Raises 4 x 10-12 (Superset)
- Reverse Pec Deck Fly’s 4 x Failure
- Dumbbell Shrugs 4 x 8-10
- 1 Hour Incline Treadmill (Steady State)
- Decline Leg Raises 4 x 12-15
- Cable Crunches 4 x 10-15
- Hanging Oblique Knee Raises 3 x 10
- 15 Minutes Warm Up Bike
- Squats 6 x 8-15
- Narrow Stance Leg Press 4 x 12-15
- Leg Extensions 6 x 10-15 (Superset)
- Single Leg Extensions 6 x 5
- Standing Calve Raises 5 x 16-18 (Reduce Weight to 50% for 8 Reps)
- Standing Calve Raises 4 x 10-15
- EZ-Bar Skull Crushers 4 x 10-12
- Rope Pushdowns 5 x 10-15
- Reverse Single Arm Extensions 3 x 10-12
- Barbell Curls 4 x 8-10 (Superset)
- Reverse Barbell Curls 4 x 8-10
- Seated Concentration Curls 4 x 10-12
- Air Bike 4 x 15-20
- Side Lateral Leg Raises 4 x 10-12
- Lunges 4 x 10-12
- High/Wide Stance Leg Press 5 x 10-12
- Seated Leg Curls 5 x 10-12
- Straight Legged Deadlifts 3 x 10-15
- Calf Press (Using Leg Press) 5 x 10-15
- Standing Calve Raises 3 x 10
What is your secret for to your incredible tricep development?
Mainly, I believe it is my genetics, as I don’t have any hidden secrets. (Laughs) However, the best exercises that work for me are tricep pushdowns using the cable rope machine.
What is your approach to nutrition?
I really try to keep it as healthy as possible. However, if I feel like having a cheat meal once or twice a week, I go for it!
Do you bulk and cut or stay lean year round?
I usually stay lean year round, but at the same time, I try to put on some quality muscle.
- Meal 1: 2 Whole Eggs, 6 Egg Whites, 1 cup Oats, 2 ounces Berries and 1 teaspoon Peanut Butter
- Meal 2: 7 ounces Chicken Breast, 5 ounces White Rice and 1 cup Broccoli
- Meal 3: 5 ounces Fish or Chicken and 7 ounces Sweet Potato
- Post Workout: 2 scoops Whey Isolate and 1 ½ ounces Dextrose
- Meal 4: 7 ounces Chicken, 5 ounces Sweet Potato and 1 cup Vegetables
- Meal 5: 5 ounces Steak and 1 cup Green Beans
- Meal 6: 1 cup Cottage Cheese or Greek Yogurt and 1 handful Almonds
What’s the one thing you look forward to treating yourself to after a competition?
All of the junk food that’s out there! (Laughs) Everything always looks so delicious after a competition.
What does your supplementation look like?
- Fish Oil
- Flax Seed
- Multi and Mineral Vitamins
- Fat Burners
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
Winning the Teens title at the MP Competition and getting my pro card.
What are your best 3 tips for someone looking to reach their goal physique?
- Stay consistent and dedicated.
- Always be hungry.
- Never give up.
What do you do to relax when you’re not working out?
I like to spend time with my family and friends; we usually go out for dinner.
“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”