What is the Best Time to Drink Sugar Cane Juice for Health Benefits?
The most ideal time to drink sugarcane juice would either be in the afternoon (if you live in a hot and humid place) or after a workout session when you want to energise yourself.
It’s not simply sugar as people suggested, it’s got a good amount of potassium and antioxidants. It helps cool your body down, hydrate you, improves your immune system, keeps your liver healthy and mainly there’s been some proof that it helps prevent cancer.
While there is an ideal time as I suggested, in my case I’ve had a severe cola addiction so I drink 2 glasses pretty much every day when I crave something sweet and I don’t want to eat a fruit. I’m drinking it as I type this comment. There’s literally no downside of it.
There’s a lot of things that are prominent in the Indian subcontinent that the western culture doesn’t agree with until they realise that we were right all along (ex : consuming less meat to stay healthy, using coconut oil for cooking, etc)
Sugarcane juice is not advisable in fever or in normal condition as it increases acidity problem in body as initial upper parts of sugarcane is salty in nature which is not beneficial along with squeezing process of sugarcane.
From weight loss to clearing up your skin, 6 benefits of drinking sugarcane juice
If, as a child, you have ever visited a sugarcane field or stopped by at a sugarcane juice vendor on the road, you would surely know that having a big glass of fresh sugarcane juice is not just yummy but highly refreshing. But what if we also told you that it is a superfluid that could up your health levels a notch?
Sugarcane can be eaten as is or consumed in the form of juice. Popularly known as ganne ka ras, the juice is not just another drink, but one of the healthiest drinks that you could lay your hands on. Here are a list of health benefits of sugarcane juice that will put a lot of natural and artificial energy drinks to shame.
- Prevents cancer: Sugarcane juice is alkaline in nature because of the high concentration of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and manganese, which helps prevent diseases like cancer, that cannot survive in an alkaline environment. Thus it helps in fighting various types of cancer such as prostate and breast cancer.
- Aids in digestion: It is good for the well-being of the digestive system due to its high potassium levels. It helps in keeping the digestive system in good shape, prevents stomach infections and is considered to be particularly useful in treating the problem of constipation.
- Prevents heart diseases: It also prevents heart diseases and stroke as it helps decrease the levels of unhealthy or cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Helps in reducing weight: As sugarcane juice reduces the bad cholesterol levels in the body and has natural sugars, it helps in reducing weight. It is high in soluble fibre which aids in shedding weight.
- Good for treating diabetes: Sugarcane is sweet in taste and is full of natural sweeteners, which have a low gylcemic index (GI), hence it works very well for diabetic patients.
- Clears skin imperfections: When it comes to healthy skin, Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) which are part of the natural constituents of sugarcane juice, are supposed to have a lot of benefits. They fight acne, reduce blemishes, prevent ageing and help in keeping the skin hydrated. Just apply sugarcane juice to your skin and let it dry or add it to your favourite face mask and scrub, and your skin will look radiant and clean.
Can I drink sugar cane juice after workout?
yes, you can … but only 2-3 days per week, its a natural gift and used as medicine for many body issues, and as you mentioned after workout.. then for sure you have to take it as it helps in weight loss.
Sugarcane has no fats. It is, in fact, a 100% natural drink. It has about 30 grams of natural sugarEven though it is sweet, sugarcane juice can help you shed a few extra kilos.
Sugarcane juice is known to reduce the bad cholesterol in our body, which is one the main reason for weight gain. It is also high in soluble fibers that help us manage our weight
An 8-ounce serving of sugarcane juice without any additives carries a total of 180 calories, which is quite low.