10 Aphrodisiac Foods to Get You in the Mood for Love
Pop some champagne, get that romantic playlist ready and feast on these 10 foods to get you in the mood for love!
- Oysters: One of the most infamous aphrodisiacs oysters are high in zinc and have a reputation for being great for fertility. Researchers have found that oysters contain amino acids that trigger production of sex hormones.
- Bananas: With their phallic shape, bananas already look tempting and sensual, but they also contain bromelain, an enzyme, which triggers testosterone production.
- Honey: Honey is made through pollination and secretions of many fertile bees worshipping their queen, just what every woman wants!
- Watermelon: Packed with citrulline and lycopene, watermelon may have a Viagra-like effect on the body, as it relaxes blood vessels and improves circulation.
- Pine nuts: High in energizing zinc and fatty acids, which has been linked to a healthy sex drive, pine nuts are also considered aphrodisiacs because of the effort required to procure these oily gems from pinecones.
- Arugula: The bite of the aromatic leaf might get you in the mood and the minerals and antioxidants found in dark leafy greens like arugula have also been proven to block environmental contaminates that could negatively harm libido.
- Olive oil: Packed with antioxidants, olives and their oil have been used for centuries for health. The Greeks believed they made men more virile as well.
- Figs: Eaten by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, the fig has forever paradoxically symbolized both sexuality (the ripe fruit with seeds representing fertility) and modesty (the fig leaf).
- Pomegranate: These bright gems enclosed in a thick rose-colored husk are filled with tangy sweet antioxidants, which support blood flow and clear thought.
- Chai tea: Skip the coffee and end the night with a cup of Indian chai tea. The typical spices in this brew include ginger, cloves and cinnamon, all come from exotic places and certainly will get the blood flowing.