Minerals role in our body
Minerals also need to be consumed daily, since they play a vital role in the body.
- Calcium: strengthens bones and teeth.
- Magnesium: an activator of enzymes involved in processes throughout the body.
- Potassium: helps metabolize protein and carbohydrates, while also controlling fluid osmosis.
- Sodium: involved in activations of muscular contractions.
- Phosphorus: a component in DNA, RNA, and ATP.
- Chromium: essential in the production of insulin.
- Selenium: activates an important antioxidant.
- Iron: plays a vital role as the carrier of oxygen within the protein hemoglobin.
- Zinc: strengthens the immune system.