Beetroot vs Carrot : In-Depth Nutrition Comparison
THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BEETROOT AND CARROT
- Beetroot has more Folate, Manganese, and Iron, however Carrot has more Vitamin A RAE, Vitamin K, and Vitamin B6.
- Daily need coverage for Vitamin A RAE from Carrot is 93% higher.
- Carrot has 6 times less Folate than Beetroot. Beetroot has 109µg of Folate, while Carrot has 19µg.
- Carrot is lower in Sugar.
Mineral comparison score is based on the number of minerals by which one or the other food is richer. The “coverage” chart below show how much of the daily needs can be covered by 300 grams of the food.
- Contains more Iron +166.7%
- Contains more Magnesium +91.7%
- Contains more Phosphorus +14.3%
- Contains more Zinc +45.8%
- Contains more Copper +66.7%
- Contains more Calcium +106.3%
- Contains less Sodium -11.5%
Equal in Potassium – 320
Vitamin comparison score is based on the number of vitamins by which one or the other food is richer. The “coverage” chart below show how much of the daily needs can be covered by 300 grams of the food
- Contains more Folate +473.7%
- Contains more Vitamin A +50524.2%
- Contains more Vitamin E +1550%
- Contains more Vitamin C +20.4%
- Contains more Vitamin B1 +112.9%
- Contains more Vitamin B2 +45%
- Contains more Vitamin B3 +194.3%
- Contains more Vitamin B5 +76.1%
- Contains more Vitamin B6 +106%
- Contains more Vitamin K +6500%
COMPARISON SUMMARY TABLE
Pay attention to the most right column. It shows the amounts side by side, making it easier to realize the amount of difference.
|Lower in Sugar
|Lower in Sodium
|Lower in glycemic index
|Lower in price
|Rich in vitamins
|Lower in Saturated Fat
|Rich in minerals
|Lower in Cholesterol
ALL NUTRIENTS COMPARISON – RAW DATA VALUES
WHICH FOOD IS PREFERABLE FOR YOUR DIET?
Low Fats diet Low Carbs diet Low Calories diet Low glycemic index diet
|Low Fats diet
|Low Carbs diet
|Low Calories diet
|Low glycemic index diet
VITAMIN AND MINERAL SUMMARY SCORES
The summary score is calculated by summing up the daily values contained in 300 grams of the product. Obviously the more the food fulfills human daily needs, the more the summary score is.
Vitamin Summary Score is Beetroot score is 12 carrot 98.
Mineral Summary Score is Beetroot score is 18 carrot 13.
Which food is lower in Sugar?
Carrot is lower in Sugar (difference – 2.02g).
Which food contains less Sodium?
Carrot contains less Sodium (difference – 9mg).
Which food is lower in glycemic index?
Carrot is lower in glycemic index (difference – 25).
Which food is cheaper?
Carrot is cheaper (difference – $0.1).
Which food is richer in vitamins?
Carrot is relatively richer in vitamins.
Which food is lower in Saturated Fat?
Beetroot is lower in Saturated Fat (difference – 0.01g).
Which food is richer in minerals?
Beetroot is relatively richer in mineralsWhich food contains less Cholesterol?? The foods are relatively equal in Cholesterol (0 mg)
The source of all the nutrient values on the page (excluding the main article the sources for which are presented separately if present) is the USDA’s FoodCentral. The exact links to the foods presented on this page can be found below.
- Beetroot – https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/169145/nutrients
- Carrot – https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/170393/nutrients
All the Daily Values are presented for males aged 21-50, for 2000 calorie diets. Data provided by Fitolympia should be considered and used as information only. Please consult your physician before beginning any diet.