Here is what happens to your body when you start eating 2 eggs every day
01/10 Eating just 2 eggs every day has these 8 health benefits
Do you remember the advertisement where a grandfather tells his grandson, “Sunday ho ya Monday, roz khao ande” and explains him how eggs have helped him to stay healthy?
Whether they are boiled, poached or scrambled, the healthy eggs are the go-to breakfast for a lot of people. Though some people believe that the high cholesterol content in the egg yolk can be harmful to health, experts maintain that moderation is the key.
Talking about moderation, here is a list of eight health benefits of eating two whole eggs every day.
02/10 How eating eggs can affect cholesterol
For the uninitiated, a single egg contains around 186 milligrams (mg) of dietary cholesterol. However, according to the dietary guidelines by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, eggs do not raise cholesterol in about 70 per cent of people. The remaining 30 per cent people, who are hyper responders, can experience a moderate increase in their total and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) by consuming eggs.
Another good thing is that eating eggs also elevate the high-density-lipoprotein (HDL), the good cholesterol. People with an adequate level of HDL cholesterol have a lower risk of heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases. According to a study, eating two eggs a day for six weeks can raise the HDL by 10 per cent.
03/10 Healthy skin, hair and nails
Eggs are rich in B vitamins including, vitamin B12, B5, biotin, riboflavin, thiamine and selenium. All these vitamins are great for maintaining your hair, skin and nails. They nourish our cells, promote skin elasticity and counteract the damage caused by the free radicals.
04/10 Strengthens your immune system
One serving of eggs (2 eggs) contain 59 per cent of recommended dietary intake of selenium, 32 per cent of (RDI) intake of vitamin A and 14 per cent of RDI for iron. All these nutrients in combinations are well known for boosting the immune system. Eggs also act as one of the best remedies to ward off that cold and flu.
05/10 Improves your eyesight
The two antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin found in eggs are also found in the macular region of the eye. Studies have found that lutein and zeaxanthin and omega 3, which are also found in eggs play an essential role in maintaining your eye health. The two antioxidants help in maintaining eye health in the long term by protecting against retinal degeneration.
06/10 Improves memory
The special vitamin-like substance – choline in eggs, helps metabolise fat, maintain healthy cell membranes and improves brain function and memory. Choline is difficult to find in other commonly eaten foods.
07/10 Good for pregnant women
According to a study conducted by scientists at Cornell University, proper intake of choline during pregnancy may improve the brain function and reaction speed in infants.
08/10 Provides you with Vitamin D
Most people in India are deficient in this one nutrient – Vitamin D. For the uninitiated, Vitamin D in eggs also help in better absorption of calcium in the body, which keeps the bones and teeth healthy.
09/10 Helps you gain muscles
An egg packs in 6 grams of protein, which makes it an excellent post-workout snack. It is important to note that eating whole eggs is more helpful in gaining muscles and strengthening your bones than just eating egg whites.
10/10 Helps in the formation of RBCs (red blood cells)
Eggs contain a lot of folate. Infact, two eggs provide with almost half RDI (required daily intake) of folate. Folate is the type of B vitamin, which helps in the formation of red blood cells. The intake of this nutrient is crucial during pregnancy as it is really important for the development and growth of the fetus.